How to choose a tourist backpack?
Hiking in the mountains, forests and other areas is a great form of outdoor activity. Not only does it allow you to stay outdoors or enjoy the countryside, but it also has a positive effect on your health. Hiking strengthens muscles, increases the efficiency of the body, shapes the figure, and can even be a remedy for depression. If you're stressed, you can also find peace in nature, which is why trekking is so recommended by all healthy lifestyle enthusiasts. However, hiking, especially for a few days, means that you have to take the necessary items with you. A good tourist backpack will help you to store them.
If you are planning a longer hike into the mountains or the forest, you must take your backpack with you. This is the best solution to pack your belongings effectively. It is difficult to imagine a journey through any terrain, e.g. with an ordinary bag made of fabric. Holding such a heavy weight in your hand for a long time would not only be inconvenient, but also impossible. In order to make it easier to move around on flat or any other terrain, you should purchase a good knapsack. It will allow you to store clothes, shoes, food, documents, first aid kit, towel and all other necessary items. However, not everyone knows what such a backpack should be like for out-of-town trips. It is worth to familiarize yourself with the equipment of tourist backpacks to buy the right model.
What should a tourist backpack be like?
The backpack must not become an unpleasant ballast when hiking. A badly chosen one will only slow down the expedition, which is why the purchase of good equipment is so important. Tourist backpacks are quite specific products, which are quite different from ordinary city backpacks used every day or sports backpacks. What features does a tourist backpack have that will allow you to comfortably move around in the mountains and other areas?
1. The hiking rucksack should be lightweight in itself, so as not to add weight. In the end, the packaged items themselves will weigh quite a bit.
2) The frame is the base for large touring rucksacks. Built from carbon fibre or aluminium, this backpack is easy to carry and fits your body well.
3. The touring rucksack must have an adjustable carrying system. It allows for precise adjustment of the backpack to the user's body.
4) The backpack for hiking should be spacious. For a few days of excursions it is best to buy models over 50 liters.
5) The waist and chest straps are essential parts of the largest backpacks. They carry the weight of baggage from shoulders to other parts of the body.
6) The irrigation system, a special water bottle in the backpack, may seem like a superfluous accessory, but it is extremely practical.
7) Shoulder straps are also an important element of the backpack, because their softness significantly affects the comfort of hiking or climbing.
The best backpack for tourists
Many people do not really know what kind of backpack to choose. No wonder, because the manufacturers offer a wide variety of models. The best backpack for hikers is a backpack tailored to your activity - for long trips a 50-litre backpack or a bigger one is recommended. For day trips a simple, padded backpack with a capacity of 30 litres is enough. Additional advantages of a tourist backpack can be: detachable chimney, additional mountings (e.g. for trekking sticks), ventilation system or waterproof covers.